Reports To: Rehab Program Manager
Achieve Solutions, Inc.’s (ASI) Physical Therapists will be responsible to assess, plan, organize and participate in rehabilitative programs that improve mobility, relieve pain, increase strength, and improve or correct disabling conditions resulting from disease or injury. Physical Therapists will comply with ASI’s documented policies and procedures as well as state and federal regulations. They will also provide direction and supervision of Physical Therapy Assistants as indicated.
Qualifications: All Physical Therapists will have:
- Graduated from an accredited physical therapy program with a Bachelor’s Degree or higher and completed and passed the national and state board examinations.
- State licensing (permanent or temporary).
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations and professional guidelines as it relates to the practice of physical therapy.
- Ability to read, write, understand, and speak English.
- Basic technological skills for dictation and computer skills for documentation, data entry, and utilizing electronic mail.
- Organizational and time-management skills.
- Required documentation for employment in the United States of America (for foreign trained therapists)
- Meet all health and background requirements as required by law
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates clients in accordance with physician orders, develops appropriate treatment goals and methods, implements the physical therapy plan of care, and completes all related documentation and record keeping regarding these services. Exhibits sound clinical judgment relating to the provision of physical therapy services.
- Applies therapeutic techniques in the areas of gait, ambulation, muscle strength, coordination, endurance, mobility, postural control, sensory awareness, sitting and standing skills, balance, and orientation.
- Utilizes modalities as able involving electrical stimulation, TENs, ultrasound, diathermy, hot/cold pack, and cold laser.
- Complies with reimbursement guidelines for various payer sources.
- Attends all meetings and in-services as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Travels to various facilities to assist with clinical care and coverage as requested.
- Works holiday, weekend, and overtime hours as scheduled.
- Assists in the orientation and training of other employees as directed.
- Follows company dress and hygiene policies.
- Supervises support personnel in accordance with state and professional standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned and consistent with the level of preparation and experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrates proper and safe use of equipment, including cleaning and maintenance of equipment and identification and reporting the need for repairs.
- Performs physical activities including standing, lifting (up to 60 pounds unassisted), bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, reaching, carrying, and twisting.
- Reports and documents any incidents involving clients, co-workers, or visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Relates and communicates positively, effectively, and appropriately with staff, clients, families, community members, and other clinical staff.
- Follows infection control and safety standards, policies, procedures.
- Assists with transportation of residents as designated in the disaster plan.
- Understands and follows all policies for resident’s rights and reports resident concerns as appropriate.
- Treats clients, co-workers, and visitors with courtesy and respect.
- Complies with all HIPAA policies and procedures to protect client privacy.
Interested? Click the Apply Button Below and Attach your resume: