As the Harmony Valley Farm Office Assistant, you will contribute in a variety of ways to help us manage the many details that keep our operation running smoothly and efficiently. Some of the responsibilities you assume will take place on a regular basis (daily, weekly or monthly), while other projects and responsibilities may be seasonal or dictated by the needs of the farm as well as your skills and interests. Our overall goal is that you will, over the course of time, grasp the “Big Picture” view of our farm including how we operate from day-to-day, what our different markets are, and how all the parts and pieces need to come together. In doing so, you will see how integral your role is in offering support in ways that impact all areas of our farm. This position has the potential to be full-time, but we would consider part-time as well. This is a year round position and you would need to work on-site.
Some of the core responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain records for farm operations including input applications, plantings and acreages, irrigation water usage and harvest rate data while providing support to those gathering the data.
- Complete data entry for weekly production records
- Facilitate reporting records to agencies for programs and certifications related to government programs, organic certification and food safety while meeting critical deadlines.
- Assist with managing weekly wholesale sales activities including sending bi-weekly crop availability sheets to buyers, compiling orders and assisting with invoicing and shipping documents.
- Provide support as needed during peak times to owners as well as other crew members to help us collectively meet our goals and deadlines.
The person who will perform well in this position is attentive to details, is able to prioritize tasks and work independently as well as on a team, has excellent verbal and written communication skills, and is able to develop and maintain organization systems. Additionally, you must be proficient in working with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and Adobe as well as have a willingness to learn additional computer programs you may need to navigate as part of some of our projects. A basic knowledge and interest in organic farming is helpful, but not required as long as you have a willingness to learn. Spanish language skills, experience with photography, and interest in creative writing could be applied to this position as well, but are not required. Lastly, we are looking for someone with a positive attitude who is willing to learn and work along with us as we continue to evolve and strengthen our business.