Packing Shed Support
We are looking for an individual with a combination of administrative and organizational skills to join our packing shed team. We are a certified organic vegetable farm. In this position you will be an integral part of our farm as you help us organize and execute “the nuts & bolts” that help our packing shed run smoothly and efficiently.
This position encompasses a variety of tasks and responsibilities, but core responsibilities are summarized below:
- Manage inventory for packing shed supplies and seeds
- Receive harvest from the field and ensure it is properly stored & labeled
- Assist with product inventory and organization
- Daily & weekly record keeping to support our food safety program
- Restock supplies and make sure packaging, etc is ready for crews to complete their tasks
- Order packing shed supplies
- Assist other packing shed crew as needed in order to meet wholesale and CSA shipping deadlines in a timely manner
The individual who will do well in this position is one who is organized, works well both independently and with a team, is attentive to details, thinks proactively, and enjoys a work day that is a mix of similar tasks done daily as well as a variety of seasonal tasks and responsibilities that change over the course of the year. This is a “hands-on” position where you will be physically active. Depending upon your experience, skills and interests, there may be opportunities to contribute to our farm in other ways that surpass the core scope of this position.
This is a full-time, year round position. Prior experience working on a vegetable farm or with produce in another capacity is helpful but not essential. You do need to be able and willing to work in a variety of temperature environments and be able to lift 30-40#. Prior training and experience operating manual pallet jacks and fork lifts is a plus but not essential if you have a willingness to learn. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Access, Excel, Outlook, etc). Spanish language skills are helpful, but not required.