Who is Michaels Energy?
Michaels Energy is a veteran-owned energy consulting firm that exists to help businesses minimize waste and maximize value. Our energy and engineering gurus are obsessed with optimizing buildings and processes to maximize energy savings and profits, minimize utility grid stress and carbon footprints, and keep this big, beautiful planet in tip-top shape. Our passion is developing long-term client relationships with energy users, utilities, consultants, and partners. This passion combined with our core values of proactive and responsive service, intuitive analysis, collaborative partnerships, and fanatical execution, forms the foundation of our corporate culture.
What is the role?
Michaels Energy is seeking a project and administrative professional to support operations. This position is involved in many aspects of our small business, including energy efficiency projects, corporate initiatives, and general office support. We are looking for someone that will live our company values and thrive in a team environment with skills in multi-tasking and organization.
- Project Coordination
- Set up projects in databases, network, and accounting system
- Proofread technical reports for spelling errors, formatting, grammar as well as content
- Enter project data into databases
- Create weekly client reports
- Create and maintain complex Excel spreadsheets
- Write processes and procedures
- Support project expense reporting
- Assist with small proposal preparation
- Corporate and Office Support
- Order and track supplies for all offices
- Update company contacts
- Create expense reports with documentation
- Manage department initiatives and team-building events
- Manage and communicate with building-related vendors
- Assist with Human Resource projects as assigned
How do you contribute?
After 3 months, you will have….
- Learned company processes and procedures
- Completed all project set-up tasks
- Managed office support tasks
After 6 months, you will have….
- Become proficient with Quickbase and Salesforce project software
- Proofread technical reports
- Documented new processes for project support
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in business, administration, or related field
- Two years of related experience with complex data entry
- Experience with proofreading/editing
- Advanced MS Office skills, especially Word and Excel
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
- Effectively communicate throughout the organization
Will you travel?
- Little to no travel; occasional travel to remote offices may be required
Where can you work?
- City with Michaels Energy office – La Crosse, WI – Chicago, IL – Minneapolis, MN – Cedar Rapids, IA – Denver, CO – Richmond, VA
- Hybrid position, can work remotely near one of the cities listed or from the Michaels Energy office
Why work for Michaels Energy?
The top reasons Michaels Energy is an awesome place to work, besides helping the world save energy.
- We Never Stop Learning
- Flexible Work Hours
- Career Development
- Beer Fridays
- Fresh Fruit Daily
- Wellness Rewards
- Fun Company Outings
Michaels Energy Diversity Statement
We strive to build and nurture a culture that is inclusive and welcoming for all employees. We know diversity and inclusion are essential to innovation, a strong work environment, and exceptional results. This fits in well with our culture that celebrates the unique, the different, and the individual. For us, this is who are and what we do, not just words in a policy.