Financial Specialist Senior- Military and 3rd Party Billing
Under the supervision of the Student Billing Manager, this position is responsible for handling the billing for the Military Tuition Assistance Programs and Third Parties as well as assisting in the Cashier’s Office.
This is a full-time position with expected continuous employment and includes a State of Wisconsin benefits package.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in a business-related field.
- High math aptitude.
- Good analytical skills and ability to solve problems with data.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficient in use of computer software including Microsoft Word and Excel and 10-key by touch.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of e-mail (i.e. Outlook, Gmail).
- Ability to direct phone calls, emails and assist students and staff in a professional manner while using discretion and good judgement regarding confidential information.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Possess a positive work ethic and be a strong communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Collaboratively work with team members to ensure work is completed timely and accurately.
- Ability to work with people across multiple levels of the organization.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability and willingness to maintain and enhance professional competencies by participating in professional development workshops and training sessions, related to current position responsibilities.
- Three to five years of bookkeeping or accounting experience.
- Experience with PeopleSoft products.
- Cashiering experience.
The University of Wisconsin-La Crosse is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. We strongly encourage women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. UWL, in compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
UW-La Crosse’s diversity and inclusion efforts are guided by our adherence to Inclusive Excellence. We define Inclusive Excellence as “… our active, intentional and ongoing commitment to bridge differences with understanding and respect so all can thrive." The goals of Inclusive Excellence are to increase the retention of diverse faculty, staff and students while encouraging a campus climate that is inviting and welcoming to all. UW-La Crosse strives to promote acceptance of all facets of diversity from racial/ethnic diversity to diversity of thought and experience. UW-La Crosse ranks 6th nationally among the Top LGBTQ-Friendly Colleges for 2018-19 by AffordableCollegesOnline.org (ACO).